Tuesday, May 8, 2018

BOOK REVIEW for "Breaking Him" by Sherilee Gray

*****(5) out of 5 Stars!


SYNOPSIS:

Folks in town call him a monster — say he's dangerous. But I know him simply as Elijah Hays, the quiet, gentle giant who works with the horses on my ranch. I can feel him watching me, that steady intense gaze making me crave things I don't quite understand, burn in a way that frightens me. He's always kept his distance... until that night.

I remember him coming to my rescue, me following him into the barn, giving him his first taste of a woman, and his inexperienced yet barely reined touch turning me to ash.

Now all I can think about is exposing the dark desire I see deep inside him — having him turn those dark desires on me. That low, gritty voice rasping orders in my ear. Those huge, rough hands holding me down when a storm blows in.

I want his surrender. His control. I want to break him... and have him break me...


REVIEW: 

This book just about destroyed me.  It was THAT good! 

Seriously, the story was all kinds of beautiful.  The backstory to Elijah’s situation was heart wrenching.  Many of the incidents that occurred were so very touching because of that past experience. 

The relationship that developed between Elijah and Abigail was extraordinary.  The story built on itself in a way that made it entirely believable.  The ways in which he protected and cared for her were beautiful to witness.

And then there were the love scenes.  My, oh, my!  Talk about steamy!  And just utterly amazing.  So hot, and also so tender.

Of course, there are obstacles thrown in their path, some from without and some from within the relationship.  But luckily these two are able to weather all the storms, as it were, and come out on top together. 

It was just overall a great contemporary romance with a unique and interesting tale to tell.  I probably read it three times in just the first few days after first completing it.  The interplay between the characters was wonderful to behold.  Not to mention those spicy scenes.  Wowza!  Very little kink, no cheating, and *spoiler alert* a happily ever after to rival any other. 

Definitely a book that I recommend for anyone who is a fan of sweet romance and hot sex between a darling young couple who deserve every chance at happiness.  


#EntangledPublishing

No comments:

Post a Comment