About the Book
(Children of the Blood Moon, #2)
Destiny can be cruel!
In the aftermath of loss and betrayal, Jayden’s fight with the enemy still isn’t over. But while she isn’t sure she can stop the Mistress alone, leaving her friends might be the only way to keep them from being consumed by the darkness.
With lives hanging in the balance—and no time for error—can Jayden make the right choice?
~AUTHOR INTERVIEW with S.D. Grimm~
1) What gave you the inspiration for the storyline?
Younger me always wrote stories with animals as the main characters. And about four days into reading Eye of the World by Robert Jordan, I decided I wanted to write fantasy with people as the main characters. And this story was born.
2) Are there any hidden themes in the book that you hope readers will discover?
Yes. Love always protects, always hopes, always trusts, and always perseveres. And, the theme that is in all of my books: Help your friends face their darkness and shine.
3) Are any of the characters based on real people you know?
Yes. Jayden is loosely based on my sister. J I don’t think she knows this…
4) Who has influenced you most as a writer?
It changes for different seasons in my writing life so far. In the beginning it was reading the works of Brian Jacques and Robert Jordan. Now it’s a lot of writer friends who teach me things and encourage me.
5) If you could have any three literary characters over to your place for game night, who would you invite, what would you play, what would you serve, and why?
Ooo! Nice question. Okay, I would love to play D&D with Newt Scamander, Dustfinger, and Spider-Man. And I would serve tacos because everyone loves tacos.
6) Do you feel that you can ever have too many books?
Yes and no. No because books! Yes because I know I can’t read all of them and I want to. *clutches beautiful books close and cries, wishing I could have more time with all of them*
About the Author
S.D. Grimm’s first love in writing is young adult fantasy and science fiction. She is represented by Julie Gwinn of the Seymour Agency and author of SCARLET MOON. She currently has four books under contract, including the remainder of her YA fantasy series Children of the Blood Moon. When she’s not writing or editing, Sarah enjoys reading (of course!), practicing kickboxing and Brazilian jiu jitsu, training dogs, and binge-watching shows with great characters. Her office is anywhere she can curl up with her laptop and at least one large-sized dog. You can learn more about her upcoming novels at www.sdgrimm.com.
Want to dive into a new world? Enter to win a signed copy of both Amber Eyes and Scarlet Moon, a grimmlie dragon of the dragon on the cover (made by the author), a charm bracelet (made by her Captain America), and a $10 amazon gift card. (US only. Sorry!)
>>> Entry-Form <<<
Blog Tour ScheduleMonday, January 22nd
- Author Interview – Unicorn Quester
- Author Interview – Jebraun Clifford dream.write.repeat
- Book Review – The Artisan Penguin
- Author Interview – So Few Books
- Book Review – Thinking Like a Fangirl
- Blog Tour Wrap-Up – Unicorn Quester