Sunday, November 17, 2019

BOOK REVIEW for "Alpha's Temptation (Bad Boy Alphas, #1)" by Renee Rose & Lee Savino


SUMMARY:

MINE TO PROTECT. MINE TO PUNISH. MINE.

I’m a lone wolf, and I like it that way. Banished from my birth pack after a bloodbath, I never wanted a mate.

Then I meet Kylie. My temptation. We’re trapped in an elevator together, and her panic almost makes her pass out in my arms. She’s strong, but broken. And she’s hiding something.

My wolf wants to claim her. But she’s human, and her delicate flesh won't survive a wolf's mark.

I'm too dangerous. I should stay away. But when I discover she's the hacker who nearly took down my company, I demand she submit to my punishment. And she will.

Kylie belongs to me.


~ BOOK REVIEW for Alpha's Temptation ~

*****(5) out of 5 Stars!

Holy freaking awesome read, Batman!  
Okay, it was somewhat annoying that Kylie often spoke to herself in Batman-esque quotes.  But other than that, she was pretty amazing.  I loved that she was mostly portrayed as a strong, intelligent woman.  Although her interactions with the blackmailers are not entirely the acts of a smart person.  Mostly she just really wants somewhere to belong.

Jackson is the quintissential alpha male.  A lone wolf (pretty much) who doesn't even realize how much he longs for a family.  He's forceful, demanding, and authoratative.  All things the Kylie comes to find she appreciates, even though she herself is a pretty alpha personality.  It really ticked me off that he didn't believe Kylie at the near end, and because of that put her in danger.  But I was somewhat appeased by how much he tried to find and help her.  

The secondary characters  chiefly Sam, Jacqueline and Garrett  are also quite delightful, and I hope that we see more of them in future books of the series.

The intrigue of the tale is genius, with a plot you think you know, until there's a twist  one right after another, in fact  that takes things in a different direction.  There's a fair amount of danger, and even some violence, but nothing too dramatic or graphic. 

Holy freaking heatwave, Batman!
The love scenes are spicy!  The chemistry between Kylie and Jackson is apparent from the very first moments of the book.  And things just ramp up from there.  He is controlling, demanding, and even punishing at times, but always makes sure that she is taken care of and okay with things.  It is both sweet and hot.

Overall, this was quite the enjoyable read, 
and I look forward to reading additional volumes in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment