Monday, April 16, 2018

My trip to URUGUAY!


I haven't posted anything for awhile
as I was out of the country
attending a wedding & visiting family
in Montevideo, Uruguay, South America.


While there, I saw a lot of Urban Art displays, 
including these two literary-themed examples...


...and this fairly recent street portrait of the 
famous Uruguayan writer Eduardo Galeano.


  
My family also indulged me with visiting various book stores,
my favorite of which was probably Más Puro Verso.
It is located in the Cuidad Vieja (Old City) area of Montevideo,
on the Sarandí pedestrian walkway, 
not far from the The Gateway of Ciudadela 
(the entrance to the old fortress of Montevideo).


The bookstore is huge, selling many products beyond books,
encompassing two floors, including a restaurant.
They also have a pretty decent selection of books in English.


We attended a lot of street fairs,
many of which had one or more displays of used books for sale.
Unfortunately for me, most or all of these were in Spanish.


We ran into this author, Bruno Salvo, a couple of different times 
at the Plaza Constitución in Montevideo, as he was promoting his book. 
Too bad it is in Spanish and I couldn't read it, or I probably would have bought a copy. 
But I did love this cool shirt of his!

No comments:

Post a Comment