Sunday, September 6, 2020

BOOK REVIEW for "Mari's Mistake (Icehome, #11)" by Ruby Dixon


Mari's Mistake
(Icehome, #11)
by Ruby Dixon
Published: July 19, 2020

I’ve ruined everything.

I had a mate. Resonance. Happiness. 
But then T’chai’s attacked by ravenous sky-claw and almost killed. 
To help him recover, I tell the healer to turn off our unfulfilled resonance. 
It's temporary... or so I think.

Big mistake. 
Because now my khui acts like it’s dead and it hates T’chai. 
But I still love him.
How do we move forward when I can’t bear his touch? 
Is there a way to get back our happiness together, 
or is it time to give up on what we once had?

T'chai has other plans, though. He's not giving up on us. 
If it means crossing the world, he's ready to do it at my side.


~ BOOK REVIEW for Mari's Mistake ~

****(4) out of 5 stars!

I was SO happy that Mari and T'chai FINALLY got their happily-ever-after (again)!! It did really bother me how much Mari - and also Veronica - berated themselves for having turned off resonance between these two. Given that it was done to save T'chai's life, I don't think they had any choice, and certainly shouldn't have felt bad about it. T'chai, however, was THE BEST. The devotion that he shos to Mari is just amazing, not to mention the lengths that he is willing to go to in order to make her happy. I am so excited that they were finally able to come back to each other as they should have been all along.

I did, however, hate how this book ended on a cliffhanger for the next story in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment