Saturday, March 19, 2016

REVIEW of "Gordy the Rabbit has ADHD (What Mental Disorder?, #2)" by Jessie Shepherd

***** (5) out of 5 stars!

This is now the third book of the What Mental Disorder series that I have read.  (The other two being about Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD.)  And once again I was quite impressed with it. 

I really like the genuinely unique use of minimalist drawings of the main character (in this case a rabbit named Gordy) with somewhat altered real photographs as background. That made the situations seem quite true to life, but focused your attention more on the character rather than his surroundings.

I am especially impressed with how these books addressed many of the problematic issues related to ADHD, but also the strengths this disorder can give to people.  So many books about such conditions focus only on the negative aspects.

While geared toward children, it can also serve as a good basic introduction for adults to this complicated condition.  The book provided a lot of factual information in small, easy to understand segments.  I especially like the “Best way to interact with someone with ADHD” suggestions at the end. 

I definitely recommend this book, especially for anyone looking to find a clear and concise way to begin learning about this disorder.

I hope the author continues this series. I look forward to reading and learning more about other such mental health disorders as well.

I got a free copy of this book from the author as part of a promotion, 
and have willingly provided an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment