Monday, November 30, 2015

REVIEW: Millie the Cat has Borderline Personality Disorder (What Mental Disorder, #1) by Jessie Shepherd

**** (4) out of 5 stars!

I got an eBook version of this book free as a promotion from the author. And I really quite liked it! I didn't know much (if anything) about Borderline Personality Disorder prior to this, and it really provided a lot of factual information. I enjoyed the minimalist drawings, with the use of real photos as background. That made the situations seem more true, but focused your attention on the character. I was especially impressed with the fact that the book also addressed the strengths that people with this disorder can have, especially when so many books about those with disabilities focus only on the negative. I definitely recommend this book, especially for anyone looking for find a clear and concise way to learn about this disorder. I can't wait to read "Gordy the Cat has ADHD," since that is a condition we deal with in our house. The author has a book coming out next month (Nov 2015) about PTSD as well. I hope she continues this series by addressing other disorders as well. 




I received a copy of this book free from BlueFox Press as part of a promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment